Boy, 13, taken to hospital after fire at Leeds house
A 13-year-old boy was taken to hospital by ambulance after a fire at a house in Leeds today.
Fire crews from Killingbeck and Garforth were called to deal with the blaze in the kitchen at a house on Eastwood Crescent at Swarcliffe just before 5pm today. (Thurs March 9)
West Yorkshire Fire Service said the house was heavily smoke logged after a chopping board was left on the cooking hob.
The 13-year-old boy was taken to hospital by ambulance after suffering smoke inhalation.
Crews used two hose reels and four breathing apparatus during the incident.