In this week’s Batley and Birstall News, A plan to build hundreds of homes on green land in Batley could put public services under severe strain according to a councillor.
Also this week:
- Worried parents’ wishes were answered when Kirklees Council announced it would employ new staff to help children cross roads out-side school.
- A property developer has stepped in to restart construction on homes at an old sports ground that were left in limbo.
- A furious widow has slammed British justice after being told that the speeding drink-driver who killed her cycling husband will only spend six months behind bars.
- A benefits cheat who illegally claimed more than £56,000 despite owning his own air conditioning firm has been jailed.
- A care home closed down by the health watchdog has been slammed in a report and its owners told they can no longer operate from the site.
- A student midwife who had to learn to walk again after a horror car crash is thanking her ‘angels of the sky’ by raising thousands of pounds.
Read these stories and more in tomorrow’s News.