Bus services in West Yorkshire will undergo major changes from Sunday May 15, when a new timetable is released. Alterations to routes include:-
- The new service 197 will run during off-peak periods between Havercroft and Hemsworth. The route is now subsidised and replaces a service that was withdrawn in October.
- New Monday-Saturday services 492, 493 and 494 will run between Pontefract and Tadcaster, replacing the withdrawn service 490 and services 42-2.
- Service 520 between Monday-Friday is an off-peak service running every 15 minutes between Ovenden and Calderdale Royal Hospital.
_ The airport service 757 from Leeds will now operate all day, including hourly departures from Leeds Station. Concessionary passes are not valid between midnight and 5am.
- Service 97 between Wakefield and Barnsley will now operate via Wooley Grange.
- On service 249 between Pontefract and Upton, most journeys will now operate direct via White Apron Street in South Kirkby.
- Services 252, 253, 254 and X25 will no longer use the bus stop outside Cleckheaton Town Hall.
- A revised timetable will be introduced on service 476 between Pontefract and Selby, with the frequency reduced to every two hours.
Other services have revised timetables or small route changes, and passengers are advised to check www.wymetro.com/changes to see if their service is affected.