Battyeford held to draw as bottom side Clifton earn second point of season

Battyeford were held to a 1-1 draw by bottom side Clifton Rangers Reserves in the only Heavy Woollen Sunday League game played last weekend as District Cup commitments took priority.

Thursday, 22nd November 2018, 8:04 am
Battyeford were held to a 1-1 draw by Clifton Rangers Reserves in the Heavy Woollen Sunday League Championship.

It was only Clifton’s second point of the season and the result leaves Battyeford back in seventh place in the Championship with nine points from nine games.

The draw was not enough to lift Clifton off the foot of the table and they remain four points behind second-bottom side Inter Batley.

Ravenswharfe sprang a shock in the Heavy Woollen District FA Brook Butler Cup as they sent Premier Division high fliers Deighton WMC crashing out.

Ravenswharfe lie fourth in the Championship but produced a superb display to secure a 4-3 win and progress to the next round.

Mount Pleasant are riding high at the top of the Championship but they were unable to spring a surprise, going down 4-2 at home to Clifton Rangers first team.

Mirfield Town edged an entertaining five-goal contest against neighbours Navigation as they ran out 3-2 winners in the all Premier Division clash.

Premier Division leaders FC Walkers Hounds are safely through to the next round after proving too strong for Championship side Clifton Rangers Athletic as they ran out 8-2 winners.

Top flight side AFC Chickenley overcame Championship strugglers Inter Batley 5-2 to book a place in the next round.

Reigning champions Linthwaite have suffered indifferent form in the league this season sitting sixth in the table but they had enough to see off Championship side Birstall CC 4-1.

Championship side Overthorpe Sports gave a good account of themselves before going down 4-2 at home to higher ranked opponents Roberttown Rovers.

Wire Works were another side to earn a notable scalp as they defeated top flight side Wellington Westgate on penalties.

The sides fought out a 1-1 draw before Wire Works progressed 3-2 on spot kicks.